Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Tough Day Bounce Back

Bhopper
Bhopper Member Posts: 64
10 Comments Second Anniversary

Sometimes I feel like a nut when I post things when I’m upset and then the next day they show me the other side I thought I was at my wits end yesterday and due to the support on these boards decided to hang in there for another day and guess what today was a remarkably different day probably the best my wife has had in six months it’s getting later in the evening and starting to slide a bit but in the last 48 hours I’ve seen the best and the worst that she has available to her I guess this is just my way of trying to encourage anyone in a like position to hang in there if it’s not detrimental to your health as well as your loved one tomorrow may go south again but at least I have today and I am thankful for it . This has been such a saving resource for me I don’t know how long things can hold together it’s like I said some days I think I’m the one losing it because I even asked myself some days am I imagining it being worse than what it is when the good days come and I see the light come on I hope you all have some sort of day like this soon thank you all again

BH

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I have experienced the same Bhopper. On some days the pendulum would swing from a seemingly unsurmountable tantrum, to a kind mild mannered man. Or even the super-bonus, once in a while, laughter.

Dementia is so crazy and unpredictable.....sort of like the Texas weather.

I am glad you had a better day today. 

This forum is priceless. Its a wonderful place to share the wins, as well as the heartbreaks. Wishing all of you a win!

• Bhopper
    Bhopper Member Posts: 64
    10 Comments Second Anniversary

Thank You LT

I hope your situation has settled down last I saw it was pretty rough for you I’m hoping you get a break as I did we had three pretty good days in a row and I will take that any time as it’s rains today it worries me a bit because she won’t be able to get outside which certainly seems to help even if little doses at a time. Hope today is a bounce back day for someone!

• Nowhere
    Nowhere Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments
    I’m having a few ups and plenty of downs with my husbands in memory care and even though visits are allowed I do not visit as I’m a trigger for him desperately wanting to come hone. It’s been a tumultuous transition and he’s on his second placement with a two week hospital stay in between hones. He believes his roommate is me 50 percent of the time. It’s the only thing that keeps him from breaking windows to come home. He is paranoid people are stealing his things and so he rarely leaves his room. It’s heartbreaking. We’ve been married 47 years. I was just nineteen years old. His new home is over an hour away from my house. I’m trying to find him a local “friend” to pay who will visit him and be my eyes and ears that he’s being taken care of properly. Alzheimer’s has turned our lives upside down snd inside out. Thank you for the reminder that feelings are fleeting.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more