Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

He is at peace(1)

DWck
DWck Member Posts: 18
10 Comments Second Anniversary
DH passed away Sunday, June 6th and was released from his earthly binds. He had been in the care of hospice at home for the past several weeks and I was grateful that I was with him as he took his last breath. I can not put into words the support, love, education and encouragement that I have received on this site. My wish for all of you is love, patience and peace. I feel really lost at this point after 24/7 care for years but have faith that God has a plan for me. Blessings to all of you.

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Dwck, 

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. You are such a brave and loving caregiver. You are such a special member of this community. I have learned so much from you. 

May God comfort you and bring you peace. May He watch over you and your loved ones.

God bless you dear.

-LT

• Doityourselfer
    Doityourselfer Member Posts: 224
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I'm sorry for your loss.  Take good care of yourself.
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Deepest condolences to you on your DH’s passing.  

He is at peace now.  You have been a tireless caregiver, and I hope you will rest and focus on your own care.  
    May his memory be a blessing.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,711
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Peace to you both......
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,672
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Sorry for your loss.
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    Very sorry for your loss. His troubles have ended and he is at rest. Take care of yourself and find peace.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully you will now focus on healing, and transitioning into another new normal.
  • amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    So sorry for your loss, may your fond memories fill your heart to comfort you. Prayers.
  • KatieKat1
    KatieKat1 Member Posts: 55

DWck, I am so sorry you have lost your DH.  I have been following your posts for a while.  My words are the same as LadyTexan...she said what I would have written to you.

My DH is also on hospice now and he could pass at any time.  I have been on a roller coaster of emotions and at times I have even been upset with God for letting this happen, but as you said, he has a plan for us.  When I look back at my life he always had a plan for me but never did I think there would be one that lasted so long with much sadness that my husband has had to suffer with this disease and the grief I have felt for the past 4 years.

God Bless and be with you always. 

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

DWck  I am sorry for your lose I know what a struggle this has been for you. Your husband was blessed to have you for his care giver, I pray that you now can take care of yourself and find some peace and contentment in  your life. God's Blessings to you as you start a new journey alone.

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am so happy that you were able to be with him as he passed. I pray peace for you in the upcoming days.
  • ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    DWck, You have my heartfelt sympathy and condolences on the passing of your DH. You are so right, he is now at peace and I pray the same for you. Take all the time you need to grieve, relax, and give time and attention to self-care just as you gave such loving care to your husband. You did a wonderful job and now he is free.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    DWck, I'm so sorry for your loss. But you are right that he is at peace now. I'm glad that you were with him when he passed. May God bless you and your family during this time.
  • Potsie
    Potsie Member Posts: 45
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you find peace. Hugs to you
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    My condolences on the loss of your husband. I hope you can find some peace in the days ahead.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,309
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your dear husband.  It will take some time for you to adjust to your loss so take your time and rest when you can. 
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

I sent my sincere sympathy to you on the loss of your beloved husband.   May peace and solae find you soon.   You did the very best that could be done and stayed the course; a soft hug is being sent your way.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney