Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Android phone GPS tracking app?

My significant other is a 59 year old female who is AD stage 2 (of 7).  Still very functional but has significant short term memory loss. She drives some but only during the day.  I’m trying to research dealing with what’s coming.  She’s Android and I’m Apple.

Anyone using an Android app that tracks movements and sends out alerts based on geographic limits?

I searched for related posts but returns were mostly at least a few years old.

Thanks, Jim

Comments

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Welcome to the forum. You've found a good place to learn, ask questions, vent and share your experiences and advice. Sorry I can't help you with your question, but hopefully someone else can. I tried some apps a while ago when my DH was first diagnosed. I never found one that had what I wanted, but that was 4-5 years ago. Hopefully there's something out there now that will work for you.
  • shardy
    shardy Member Posts: 43
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments

Check out life 360. It tracks a bit differently at different places, at my daughter's house I can tell what room of her house she is in.. But she can't tell at mine. 

Im not sure of all the alerts ( I have it on my phone but didn't set it up myself) but when the grands appear where they are going we get a chime..  Also gives their speed so if theyre speeding we know it

• Camoruso
    Camoruso Member Posts: 14
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments
    I used Life 360 when my LO was still driving and it alerted me whenever she left the house and when she stopped so I knew she had gotten to the right place. Once they stop going anywhere on their own then it doesn't help. Also  useless if and when they stop taking their phone which is now the case in my situation.
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    I wonder if the Apple Air Tags would be an option. You could attach one to her key ring or just leave it in the car and track from your iPhone. 

We had Tiles for my mom; no dementia there, but wicked ADHD and leaving things behind/misplacing. I wasn't dazzled as sometimes the whereabouts were delayed if she was on the move.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more