Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lady Texan, thinking about you

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,714
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
I know the hospital had set today for tentative discharge, am hoping that didn't happen. Hope you are okay.

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thank you M1. I stood my ground with the hospital. The discharge has been delayed, but the result is uncertain. It seems that there is NO good solution. Some options are less horrible than others. 

This has been an exhausting experience.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Dear Lady T.

I am glad you stood your ground please don't let exhaustion cause you to change your mind. It sounds like you do have options and I am sure what ever one you choose will be the best for the both of you. You need some rest some much needed rest.  Please take care of yourself. Hugs Zetta  

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Dearest Lady Texan,  Glad you were given the strength to be strong.  There may not be a perfect solution but as long as he is somewhere that protects him from endangering himself or others that is way better solution than him ending up in the legal system.  Sorry this is so hard.  Thinking of you frequently.
  • Cynbar
    Cynbar Member Posts: 539
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Anything that keeps both of you safe IS a good solution. Don't forget that you can always move him to a different facility later, if he clears a long waitlist or his behaviors remain under control. Stay strong, we are pulling for you.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I knew you were a strong lady, and I'm sure you needed every bit of strength you had. I hope things work out better than you expect.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Some really good input from folks.   This is a hard place to find oneself; I have experienced a similar dynamic where there were no good options and having to do the best that could be done under the circumstances, placing where I was not wanting to and where I was not completely comfortable.  A few months later, I was able to find a better fit and make a transfer.

It is sometimes necessary; place where one can, then after that is accomplished you can look further for something that you are more comfortable with and will have time to do so.  Once your husband has had a period of time at a care facility, being not violent or not a severe behavioral problem, it will be easier to find a different setting for him. 

I send best wishes for peace and for things to be as good as they can at this particilar point in time, let us know how you are, we are thinking of you. 

J.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    LadyTexan wrote:

It seems that there is NO good solution. Some options are less horrible than others.

LT, 

There may be no good solution at this time; one that would meet all your immediate needs and desires, but as Jo C. pointed out, no solution is final.  Having DH out of your home, for the time being, wherever that placement may be, will give you time to investigate alternatives.  Hopefully, you will be well rested, calmer, clear headed and able to weigh all your options.  Stay resolute in your decision to have DH remain out of the home; you are not the first poster to have this dilemma.  I, for one, am thinking of you and praying for a good outcome as are others on this board, whether they post or not.  Stay strong!

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    LT, may God continue to give you the strength you need to get through this difficult time of challenges and decision-making. I also pray He gives you peace in the decisions that you make. Keep coming here for strength, too. We're all here for you!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more