Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

GPS Tracking(1)

Can anyone advise as to what type of GPS tracking they are or have used on their DH.  He has left the house on a few occasions without me knowing.  Each time he was returned home safely.  I have an ID bracelet but he manages to take it off.  Please any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

So far my DH has been good about keeping his phone on him.  We have a tracker on his phone.

I dread the day we have to figure out something else!

• Elferspm
    Elferspm Member Posts: 5
    Fourth Anniversary First Comment
    DH does not carry a phone or wear his shoes when he leaves the house.  He removes the ID bracelet I had made at will.  I have bought door alarms, waiting for them to be delivered.  What else can I do?
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    If you have an iPhone, you can get an iTag that can be tracked. Looks like a key fob, complete with circle clip. If he still carries keys, it can track him, or you could clip it on his pants.
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    While my friend waiting for her alarms to be installed, she put "bear traps" at each door- a kitchen chair with a precariously stacked collection of pots, pans and flatware on it. I' told simple sliding locks place at the top of the door generally work as well.

My friend also put bells on mom's bedroom door so she would hear her when she awoke from a nap until she invested in motion sensing floor pads.
  • jeanniequilts
    jeanniequilts Member Posts: 1
    Seventh Anniversary First Comment
    After a number of failed attempts, our kids got their dad an apple watch. It is set so that it only tells the time, because he would keep fiddling with it and lose the watch screen, but I can track his location using Find My Watch. A tad expensive, but it works.
  • Marta
    Marta Member Posts: 694
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    This begs the question:  is it safe for him to be unattended?
  • Treading_water
    Treading_water Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    I got an I watch for my DH because he was losing his phone so much. It works great if he puts it on and keeps it on. It’s currently in a drawer because he didn’t feel like wearing it.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more