Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

They called me a hero

In the last two months, two different brothers-in-law have told me I am a hero.  One actually said I was his hero.  He said he could never do what I am doing.  No one has ever called me a hero before and I certainly don't think of myself as one.  After looking up the dictionary definition of hero however I think all of us on this forum can claim that designation.  What we do is above and beyond...and we do it out of love and not for pay.  So here's to all the heroes on this forum!  God bless you all.

Comments

• hvhartman
    hvhartman Member Posts: 7
    Seventh Anniversary First Comment

I was never brave enough to walk out on DW; she stood by me every day of our lives together.  Most days of caring for her were tiring and lonely but I still miss her and our time together now that she is gone.   

You are a wise hero, staying positive, staying active and staying faithful.  Bless you.

• Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    I don’t think of myself as a hero. I’m doing what I think is right. I couldn’t do otherwise. On the other hand, I appreciate the designation.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more