Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

lots of goo info/correct site

Comments

• 3collies
    3collies Member Posts: 7
    Second Anniversary First Comment

I need to install a safety device on our stove and would like recommendations for a good one. My main concern is gas stove top, but microwave and electric oven are also of concern. Want to have device in home before I have electrician out for install. 

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    3collies, you will get better results if you make a new topic when you have questions that are not relevant to the current thread. I hope you don't mind, but I'll start a new topic for you entitled "a post from 3collies".
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Judith, I don't have time to check that out very good, but it looks like there are several other videos that might also be worth watching. Maybe a little later. Thank you.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Judith, that was truly excellent and well worth watching to the end.   Frankly, in some spots, it had me teary-eyed.  What wonderful insights and care.

If only all of our LOs could have such settings, care and such experiences.  Found myself wondering however, if all of the care settings were private pay only; seems that is what happens.  Cannot cover that high quality of care, staffing and amenities without money to pay for them. 

I had seen the facility in Edina, Minnesota before; I almost wanted to take a vacation there!

Those care settings set amazingly good standards; so wish that were the norm and even set into law; but seems as though that is not a priority in our law and standard makers.

Thank you for that wondeful PBS video; I will be sending it on to others. Gosh; we should send it on to our kids - who knows how WE will end up?  Gulp!

J.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Private pay facilities may be fancier and there may be more amenities but care and training are more important.

The best facility here looks the same as it did in 1950. Few amenities but great staff. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more