Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

AADvac1 for Alzheimer’s

sunshine5
sunshine5 Member Posts: 148
Second Anniversary 10 Comments

Has anyone heard about this treatment for Alzheimer’s?

Is it available in USA? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks 

Comments

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

It a came up safe but useless in its recent trial

The primary objective was to evaluate the safety and tolerability of long-term AADvac1 treatment.

No significant effects were found in cognitive and functional tests on the whole study sample (Clinical Dementia Rating-Sum of the Boxes scale adjusted mean point difference −0.360 (95% CI −1.306, 0.589)), custom cognitive battery adjusted mean z-score difference of 0.0008 (95% CI −0.169, 0.172). We also present results from exploratory and post hoc analyses looking at relevant biomarkers and clinical outcomes in specific subgroups. Our results show that AADvac1 is safe and immunogenic, but larger stratified studies are needed to better evaluate its potential clinical efficacy and impact on disease biomarkers.

Novak, P., Kovacech, B., Katina, S. et al. ADAMANT: a placebo-controlled randomized phase 2 study of AADvac1, an active immunotherapy against pathological tau in Alzheimer’s disease. Nat Aging 1, 521–534 (2021).

https://doi.org/10.1038/s43587-021-00070-2

This is another drug that targets "biomarkers" Which is the new alzheimer's high cost quackery 

• sunshine5
    sunshine5 Member Posts: 148
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments

So not worth looking into!

Thanks 

• Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    I’ve been getting too much unsolicited unreliable, and invalid advice ever since my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s years ago. At first it was crossword puzzles and the food or vitamin of choice. Recently, I was criticized for being negative when I discussed the trepidations scientists have concerning the latest Alzheimer’s drug. If it works at all, it’s only effective in the very early stages, when many don’t even know they have a problem. Then there are the side effects and the results of further testing, which showed no improvement. We need to do our homework. I read constantly. It’s my only protection against quackery.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more