Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Day care volunteer

Whyzit
Whyzit Member Posts: 156
Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes
DH is going to start day care 2 days a week in July. I told him he signed up to be a volunteer before Covid shut everything down (fiblet). Now he wants to know if he will be getting training. Tonight after dinner at our son’s home he asked if I was proud of him because he didn’t talk about his new “job”. He decided to wait until he starts before he tells people about it. I’m glad he is looking forward to it. Other caregivers and the day care liaison suggested this fiblet and I thought it was a good idea too but now I’m concerned it may backfire. He was in engineering management for many years and may expect to be in charge. Hate these uncertainties.

Comments

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,403
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Introduce the liaison  to him as the leader of the volunteers.  She will take it from there
  • French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

My partner began daycare in November, 1 day. Then 2 days in January, and now 3 days. I didn’t lied to introduce the daycare. I explained it was because he was boring at home. But for the second day I just said that I asked it and they where ok because he was very implied. He answered, yes they need a boss. And now he is very proud to explain that they need him there.

Try to have information about the other persons there with whom he interacts the most so that you will be able to discuss with him, as before when he was working.

My partner’s best friend is Yvette, 86 years old. They joke all the time. This weekend I installed new elastic laces on his shoes, he told me « Yvette will like them, she always joke about my laces ». 

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Whyz,

Be brave, this is so good he is looking forward to this.

Many prayers,

M

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living