Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

They can use our help

Michael, Did you see Tamara’s email? Together, we have already accomplished some incredible things in 2021, but we need to hit our end-of-quarter fundraising goals to keep up this fight. Don't forget: RIGHT NOW is your chance to DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT. Any donation you make will be matched. We need to make sure that we have the resources necessary to accelerate an end to Alzheimer’s. There are clear signs of progress, but to end Alzheimer’s will require MORE research. MORE innovation. MORE funding. Will you make a tax-deductible MATCHED donation to help us reach an end to Alzheimer’s? Michael – because of your action, your voice, your support, hope is on the horizon. Let’s get there together. Thanks, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s ------forwarded content below------ Michael, thank you for being a part of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. You are the engine that drives our machine. With you on our team, we are able to advance our mission and accelerate an end to Alzheimer’s. Michael, RIGHT NOW is your chance to make a HUGE IMPACT. George Vradenburg, our chairman and co-founder, has been motivated by the FDA decision to approve the first Alzheimer’s drug in nearly 20 years. He is putting his personal money on the table as a challenge and will match every contribution up to a total of $100,000 made by NEW donors like you until WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT. Your gift of: Hope IS on the horizon. Michael, here is what we have done this year alone: • Celebrated the FDA approval of aducanumab – the first therapy that treats Alzheimer’s disease – not just the symptoms – in nearly 20 years. • Saw reintroduction of the CHANGE ACT– federal legislation that would improve access to cognitive screenings that can help detect Alzheimer’s and other dementias in the earliest stages – the stages when something can be done. • Launched BrainGuide – a first-of-its-kind platform – that offers people like you (and your loved ones) tailored resources and valuable guidance for your brain health. BrainGuide is free, available 24/7 in Spanish and English, and accessible online or by phone. In just three months, more than 150,000 people have used BrainGuide to learn about their brain health and find tailored resources! • Fought for paid leave and support for dementia caregivers, a burden disproportionately placed on Black and Brown communities, by launching a digital campaign and driving letters to Congress. • Partnered with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to address the disparate impact of Alzheimer’s and related dementias on communities of color and women. We are grateful that you are with us on this journey, every day. Together, we can be change makers. Now is your chance to have DOUBLE the impact by making your first donation. We cannot achieve our goals without YOU. >>> HELP US KEEP UP OUR MOMENTUM <<< Let’s keep up the fight against Alzheimer’s. Thank you, Tamara Turoff Keough Chief Development Officer UsAgainstAlzheimer’s

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I hope all who read this will take a look at the organization. It is a great organization and not in competition with Az association.

https://www.usagainstalzheimers.org/

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

You are so right. They are the best organization in the world when it comes to dementia. The are the only ones that actually reach out to every single organization to try to work as a team. That is unheard of in this day and age. Just think this CEO does not get paid but he actual gives his money away. I would love to see that happen here at AA. Or even just giving part of their money to the cause. I guess I will have to hold my breath. That is we all my money goes now days. I original stated with AA but they waste it in so many ways. For them this is a real job that they do not want to lose.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more