Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

What a week(1)

Wow it’s always something every week. This week we got the probably AD diagnosis on the phone since the neuropsychological testing. Today before he went golfing he said he’s been dizzy and unbalanced. I told him to stay home if he didn’t feel like it. Then he decided to go. Hate for that to stop as it is social.   Since we have so many new drs, he now worries all the time about getting his mail order prescriptions in time. I told him we can switch to Walmart if he’s going to get concerned every day. This was after calling pharmacy and confirming when they are going to be shipped.  Two more days after we called he was concerned. Some days you wonder how am I going to get through this?  Thanks for listening.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,714
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Yes the anxiety is hard to control.  We're invited to a casual wedding in October and my partner spent all of yesterday worried about what she'll wear.

I guess it's good you have a diagnosis.  Hope you like/trust the medical folks involved.  Could any meds--particularly new ones--be contributing to the dizziness and unbalanced feeling?  Just a thought.....

• Memphisdee
    Memphisdee Member Posts: 64
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    Not sure, we go to dr Tuesday so hopefully can address this new symptom.  Thanks for info!  We are canceling a trip in august as he was worried last month about what if he forgot something. So sad. Our traveling days are over I guess.  Still gonna try for gulf coast in December where our son lives and whole family joins us. I’ll be driving I’m sure.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,403
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

The anxiety is so awful.  Just left my parents at the ASL after a visit. Mom keeps a desk calendar and by the time she added two doctor appointments to it, she was in tears. It just about did her in because she didn’t have the phone number for a dentist appointment for my Dad in two weeks.  Then had to add a quarterly cancer doctor checkup for Dad for two months  away.  I was sitting right there and told her multiple times it was all there  and it was done ok.  Didn’t help.  My Dad didn’t help- making passive- aggressive remarks about Mom crying.  

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Early in the diagnosis is hard. You have to come to grips with what you're facing, running all the time for testing, and the patient is trying to deal with the new life. Then add to that, meeting with a CELA to protect your assets. It's exhausting. But you're not alone. You have the forum, and the forum has your back.
  • Memphisdee
    Memphisdee Member Posts: 64
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    Thank you, you’re all so right.  Really tired of drs and prescriptions etc!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more