Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A great Teepa Snow

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Thank you so versy much, Judith; this is really valuable.

I had actually lost my file on this, and thanks to you I have it again and will hang on to it.

This wonderfully helpful link is one part of a 15 part presentation titled, "<Making Visits Valuable." 

NOTE:  It is not at all about "visits," that is poorly titled.  It is fifteen sessions regarding so much about dealing with our LOs re problems and how to communicate.   Lots and lots of interventions and helpful knowledge that we must learn.  Here is link to the entire thing - when getting there, just click in order on the numbered sessions on the right side of the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2E2lPBsUeBjA1Utglo8q6yANAijEf8cX

Thank you again Judith; this is priceless,

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    I’ll add my thanks also. I followed the link and spent two hours watching Teepa. Lots of good stuff, and entertaining. Some of it I’ve already tried with DW in the past and some of her solutions are for problems we don’t have. All in all pretty good.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Judith, you posted a working link!! Congrats! And thank you for starting the thread.

Jo, thank you as well for posting the link to the series. She is my favorite, and that's a lot of great info.

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Very helpful. Thank you.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Thank you so much for posting this!  It was very helpful as well as entertaining.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more