Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Red flags today

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,714
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

For the very first time today, my partner forgot that her sister died (six months ago). Really new and different, as we have rehashed the death pretty much every day since it happened.

She woke up not feeling very good and has been off all day, so my antennae are up. Only thing different about yesterday was going to a friend's house for dinner, which she seemed to enjoy-but it was the first outing in a long time and may have been too much for her, we were out of the house from four to ten.  But she was her usual self when we went to bed.  I guess tomorrow will tell. A tick fever started this way last summer.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm sorry, M1. These are hard to take. Hopefully that was a flash in the pan.

My wife forgot that her mother passed in 2005, and her grandparents passed in the 70s. But she never forgot that our son died in 1998.

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Hope everything is OK today.
  • M1
    This morning she's upset because she thinks I'm advertising her disabilities.  She asked if our friends know, not realizing how obvious her symptoms are.  I made the mistake of saying yes (this particular friend used to be her doctor), so now she's upset and mortified.  Hard to tell, we'll see how the day goes.  I need to mow the fields (3-hour job) but not sure I should leave her alone for that long.  Almost time to bring someone in I think, but she's going to hate that too.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,403
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    It’s probably hard  to tell if this is going to be permanent or if she got overwhelmed by the outing.  Hopefully she will settle down by tomorrow.  Wish I had some advice for you. She
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    M1, I hope things are better today. It’s so hard to take when something new develops. Just a couple of days ago, my husband forgot what ham is.  Yesterday, he remembered. Praying things are better.
  • M1
    Thank you all for the concern and prayers.  Still can't tell!  She's stayed in bed all day (with the dog to keep her company).  I did get the fields mowed.  Just watching carefully.  No fever, no signs of stroke no bladder symptoms (she doesn't get uti's yet).  Just lethargic.  Asked for dinner though, so that's good.  Boy, if one outing did this.....lesson learned I guess.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more