Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Joyful Moments

LadyTexan
LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Today my sister and her boyfriend came over for a backyard cookout. She orchestrated pretty much everything, hot dogs, burgers, pickles and grilled veggies. I made a pie. Thanks to Alexa, we played some wonderful mariachi music. The weather was great.

The music was so festive. I asked DH to dance and HE DANCED WITH ME. We have been married 8 years. This was the 3rd time we have ever danced together. We danced:

1. At our wedding,
  2. On our honeymoon, and 
  3. today!

It was amazing. Not because we are great dancers (we are not), but because we were having fun dancing together. I felt so special and so blessed. He was smiling and having fun, which is so rare these days.

Later in the afternoon, I was standing next to where he was sitting and he put his arm around me and hugged me and kept hugging me. This type of affection has not happened between us in years. It was so special to share that moment and that touch.

I will treasure these joyful moments. I am grateful for these magical memories. My heart is full of love & joy.

Comments

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    So happy for both of you, Lady Texan.  These are indeed moments to treasure.  You had a happy fourth of July for sure.
  • Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

More fun than I've had in a while!  Thanks for sharing.

Everybody told you to not bring your husband home.  Guess everybody was wrong.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Treasured moments indeed, hang on to them. I’m happy for you.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Dear Lady! I am so happy for you & DH! Thank You Jesus for this happy day! Thank You!
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    A day to cherish.  So glad for you.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Glad you had a nice day Lady Texan.
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    I'm so glad to hear you had a happy day. Here's to more happy moments!
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Ditto LT, glad it was such a nice day.  The music is a great idea--I need to do more of that.
  • anneleigh
    anneleigh Member Posts: 65
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Glad you had fun, cherish each day.
  • Lills
    Lills Member Posts: 156
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    How sweet and so very special.  Yes, treasure these moments!  So glad you  and DH got to experience the togetherness.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

This is indeed a blessing and a heartfelt gift after your having experienced so much difficulty; thank you for sharing your touching experiences.

Before the psych admission, things were so beyond dicey and had become physically quite dangerous.  You had to make the hard decision to have your DH admitted to a psych facility 200 miles away from home which seemed to be the only facility that could handle his level of behaviors; that had to be a dreadfully hard decision to make, but it did seem the only option.  You took that step in hopefulness and despite the challenges of it all, and all the concerns that he may still possibly be a danger to you once home, you stepped forward in faith.   The outcome of the meds your DH has been placed on has been amazingly effective and  have made it possible to have him home and to have these loving moments that that shine so dearly.  It has brought both peace and a much better quality of life for the both of you. 

I am so happy for you in that you have this wonderful outcome with your husband; it is as said, a very real blessing.

May you have many other moments like those to cherish;

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living