Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

She made me laugh

60 falcon
60 falcon Member Posts: 201
Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes
I pretty much dread the morning routine we have.  Getting my wife undressed, showered, dressed again etc. is becoming more and more of a challenge. Depending how it goes often sets the tone for how the day will go.

Today, I laughed out loud when I was helping her put a bra on.  I usually help her get her arms through the straps and fasten the back, and tell her to put her boobs in.  She wasn't doing it and I asked her to do it again.  She was really trying to figure out what to do when she hiked up her shorts and tucked them under the waist band. That just was funny and I had to laugh.  She did too.

Then, in my efforts to minimize accidents and incontinence in the morning, I have her sit on the toilet frequently until she has a bm. This morning she was on the toilet and she said, "well, that one fell out".  I laughed again.

So far, it's a good day.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Isn't it nice when you get a good start? We have to welcome those.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Made me laugh too.  A sense of humor helps just about everything!
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    falcon, Recently DW will say she’s “plopping” when she’s on the toilet.
  • June45
    June45 Member Posts: 364
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    No boobs to tuck in here at my house, but my husband will say almost verbatim what your wife said, "that something has fallen out into the toilet".  A little laughter to get through the day and especially nice to see her sense of humor is still there.
  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks for sharing and the giggle.

eagle

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Great story!

One of my friends told about her little daughter running in from the back yard, banging the screen door, and dashing into the bathroom.  In a minute, she started singing the Alka Seltzer jingle.  "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh, what a relief it is!"

• June45
    June45 Member Posts: 364
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Stuck in the middle wrote:

One of my friends told about her little daughter running in from the back yard, banging the screen door, and dashing into the bathroom.  In a minute, she started singing the Alka Seltzer jingle.  "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh, what a relief it is!"

When Joe mentioned his wife "plopping" on the toilet that jingle came to mind also.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more