Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Immunity waning in Israel

BethL
BethL Member Posts: 838
Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNbs4LCgrcY

Sorry that is not a live link. It is "Big US implications from Israel" by Dr. John Campbell on YouTube.

In a nutshell, he talks about how in Israel many or most of the population are fully vaccinated. Now, however, it appears immunity is waning as the vaccine appears to be only 33% effective against preventing infection. However, it is still very highly effective against severe illness and hospitalization. In the U.K., individuals fully vaccinated around the same time as those in Israel have a much higher effectiveness against infection. I believe around 88% (don't quote me, but something like that).  WHY? Reportedly the same vaccine. Dr. Campbell postulates this: In Israel, doses were given 3 weeks apart. In the U.K., more like 11-12 weeks apart. 

This has huge implications for the U.S. as our doses were 3 (Pfizer) or 4 (Moderna) weeks apart. Our immunity may be waning already for those of us vaccinated early this year.   

Ok, that's my explanation but I suggest you watch the video yourself if you are interested. Not good news!!!

p.s.   If you don't like this topic, or don't like the video, or don't care, or hate the idea of being vaccinated, please just scroll on by rather than leaving a negative comment, as I am just trying to share information I felt was relevant.

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney