Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A good day

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

I had my first really nice day in several months .  both daughters came over and brought 4 grandchildren who played in sprinkler and on the slip and slide.   My younger grandaughter is disabled  (Sox 5/ Lamb Shaffer syndrome) . She cant coordinate running and sliding.   So  the three older kids took turns pushing her down the slip and slide It was heartwarming. 

Our children and grandchildren  are part of DW's "heritage"  Just reminded me what a fantastic mother she had been. 

I took cake and ensure and yogurt and blueberries over to memory care. Tough but I felt better

Comments

• CS 63
    CS 63 Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments First Anniversary

That's awesome.  I get so much enjoyment out of my 2 granddaughters, I would really enjoy a day like you had, unfortunately my HWD finds it difficult to be around them so those types of moments are few and far between.  

So glad you got to experience them!

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Crushed how wonderful to have four grandchildren!  It's fortunate the little one was able to be diagnosed in order to receive the best care and interventions.

Iris

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments

So happy you had a good day.  How nice the older kids helped the younger one.  So much love there.  

We were also together with all 5 children and spouses and 15 grandkids, which doesn't happen too often.  What a fun day.  DH was a little confused a few times but said he had so much fun.  

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Crushed, so glad you had a good family day.  

Nothing like the laughter and antics of the young to give us a smile.

Taking those treats to your DW was so very thoughtful of you.

• Donr
    Donr Member Posts: 182
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    I bet you had a big smile on your face seeing your grandchildren.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Crushed,

That is wonderful. Thank you for sharing the fun filled day with us!

Best wishes to you for another good day.

-LT

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    7 of our 9 grandkids live within walking distance of our home.  I think they are the reason that I can stay afloat while caring for DH.  They are fun, funny, loving, kind and gentle, every one of them.  Right now, they are ALL together at the ‘shore, wrecking the house, no doubt, and enjoying their last swan song before school starts.  I miss them, but to join them with DH in tow would be chaos.  We (I) are dog and cat sitting and loving the daily videos of surfing, kayaking, beach sunsets and general nonsense.  I wish all of you could have such pleasure; it helps ease the pain of Alzheimer’s.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Glad you had a nice day.  How kind the older three grandchildren are.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more