Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Update on Peewee and me.

I have had a lot going on. Daniel the man who has been helping me with Peewee, He has stage 4 colon cancer. Now Peewee and I take care of Daniel. My brother had a massive heart attack. My mother went to the ER twice in the same week.I can't deal with all the stress I am under so I have decided to Retire and stay home with my Peewee.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Wow! I'm sorry things have gotten so bad for you. You know we're here for you, so post often.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Glad to hear from you, though sorry it's been such a tough time, that's more than your share of troubles for sure. Hope things improve soon.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Good morning Lady Peewee. It is so good to hear from you. I have been missing your posts.

You certainly have had a lot going on! And it all sounds difficult. My wish for you is a better day today.

Take care Lady.

-LT

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello ladyeewee; I had been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.  I am sorry to hear of all that has been happening.  I sure can understand the stress that you have been facing; that is understandable.

So hope that being retired makes a difference and that things will begin to work out much more smoothly for you.

J.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    (((LadyPeewee)))  so sorry for all the stress you are dealing with.
  • ladypeewee
    ladypeewee Member Posts: 62
    Eighth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am reducing my hours at work down to 16 hours a week. It will give me something else to take my mind off of my peewee for a bit. I am taking my early retirement from Social Security this way I will have some kind of income and I can still keep my Job. I hope this makes some kind of since.
  • ElaineD
    ElaineD Member Posts: 206
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Dearest ladypeewee.

You always make sense, and touch my heart.  

Sending love and strength.

ElaineD

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Hello Lady, it is good to hear from you! I'm sorry about your friend Daniel. I certainly hope your brother and mother are doing better. You must be exhausted and stressed out. I really hope things will get a little easier for you and PeeWee. It seems like things are extra sucky these days. Hang in there Lady! I admire you! Hoping you will have a nice, peace filled weekend.

Thank you for checking in with us!

• nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Hi Ladypeewee, I've been following your posts since I joined the group some years ago.  

Thanks for coming back and updating us on your life. Your posts were missed.

I am sorry for the heavy load you have been carrying on your shoulders.  Hopefully things will even out, if even just a little bit for you.  

The retirement sounds like a good decision.  Please come back when you can and let us know how things are going.

Nancy

• ladypeewee
    ladypeewee Member Posts: 62
    Eighth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments

Thank you so much for your replies  to me. This year has been really tough I hate to admit. But that's life and the hand I was dealt. So I will deal with it the best I can.

I had two granddaughters got married this month. I had to work and couldn't go to the wedding.

I had one great grandson born this month, His mom had Covid 19 while she was waiting on his birthday.  I was unable to be there due to the hospital's Covid 19 precautions.Then when the baby was born. He had to have emergency surgery to repair a birth defect. His intestines was outside his body. I couldn't be there for that.  They fix him and now he is on the road to recovery

I also Had another granddaughter who had Covid 19. both girls are doing fine now. .

My brother is recovering from his heart attack. My mother is doing much better now.

I have change my working hours down to two nights a week. Monday and Tuesday. So Now I am home with my Peewee. 5 nights a week. And I still have my Job at walmart. Now I don't feel as stressed as I did. Thank you everyone for your support. 

• Doityourselfer
    Doityourselfer Member Posts: 224
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I admire your strength, Ladypeewee.  Wishing you better days ahead.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more