Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Good news today

French
French Member Posts: 445
100 Comments Second Anniversary

Today during my lunch time I had a call to prepare the respite stay in Tunisia (from September  23 to October 22). I prepare it as holidays and also present it to my partner as holidays. 

Just after that I had a call of one MC we visited and liked because of its size (14 residents) and architecture (you can see outside from everywhere). The staff was also very welcoming. They have again a place for temporary stay and my partner will have priority. It could be in 2 weeks but as I prepared everything for September (more help), I decided to plan a 2 weeks stay in November. And two longer in January and March in case We don’t have a place at this moment.

So at the end of November, he will have done 3 trials and  we should know what is the best for him. I know that he will be able to tell us what he prefers. 

It is a good news and now I have a better view on the next months. It helps. I am someone who likes (needs) to plan and uncertainty stresses me a lot.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Good for you, French. I'm glad it seems to be working out well for you. I hope it works well for both of you.
  • aod326
    aod326 Member Posts: 235
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments

Great news French! You've put in loads of time and effort to find these options - I'm glad you've reached the next stage of info gathering, through experience, that will get you to the next stage in decision making.

Uncertainty makes me anxious too, so I can imagine the relief, at least for today.

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    French! This is wonderful news! Thank you for the update. I'm very happy for you to have these things planned out.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    So good to hear-all your careful planning is paying off.
  • Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Bonne nouvelle! Hearing about successes lifts our spirits.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more