Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Virgil, thinking about you tonight and tomorrow

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,715
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
Please let us know how it goes.  Pulling for you.

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    I'm pulling for you too.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Virgil,   Your also in my thoughts.
  • Virgil61
    Virgil61 Member Posts: 47
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    Thank you all very much.  We are packed and ready to head out in the AM.  We are sharing an ice cream and watching Forest Gump our last evening.  This will be the shortest night of my life.   I appreciate your well wishes.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Virgil, we will be with you and your dear wife in thought and in heart tomorrow.    May the day be kind to you both.

J.

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Virgil, I hope the transition goes well. You are in my thoughts.
  • DJnAZ
    DJnAZ Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Virgil...your tomorrow is a day none of us want to face and one that we all will. Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Virgil, Hoping all goes as well as possible for you and your wife.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Virgil, I wish you and your wife the best possible outcome. Many times the things we do for our LOs are hard to do. I wish you well, my friend.
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    Virgil, you are doing the best thing for your wife and for yourself. Be strong and know we are all rooting for you.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Thinking of you and your wife today.

J.

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Virgil, we are all here for you and hoping for the best.
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Hoping yesterday went as well as it could, and you got some well deserved rest last night.
  • Virgil61
    Virgil61 Member Posts: 47
    10 Comments First Anniversary

Thank you all very much for your thoughts.  WED night was a blur.  I awoke at 0200 (figured that is normal) and enjoyed the last couple of hours listening to her breathe.  Also, as usual, marveled at how warm a tiny little person like that could be.  Her smell has always been a unique mixture of soap and love - hard to explain, so that is the best I can do.  I thought about how I would miss that a lot.

The trip over yesterday morning was uneventful and although I told her where we were going, she still really had no clue.  She just said "OK" and talked about how pretty it was outside.  When we arrived at the MC facility, there were people at the entrance that immediately whisked away not only all her things but also her.  Just like that, I was standing outside by myself and it was over.  

I went home and got on a tractor and cleared fields until about midnight.  Between the work and CCR at max volume, I was able to focus on the tasks at hand.  I did get a call from the director and he said that she was disoriented and asked for me a lot but that she had settled down later in the day.  I shut it down when I was tired and went to bed.  The house is now eerily quiet - I don't like it anymore.  I got up early this AM and am back working.  Nothing looks the same, tastes the same, etc.  Everything is different.  I just wanted to update this post as I saw the well wishes.  Thank you all again.

I miss her.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Nothing like being on a tractor to focus the mind, Virgil.  Thanks for the update.  I can only imagine, I'm going to rattle around on this place like a dried pea when she's not here.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Virgil, thanks for the update. I know it's very hard for you. Probably worse for you than her. But time will help. We're still here for you.
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Virgil,

Wishing you peace of mind and heart.

Hoping that it won't be long before you can begin regular visits with your DW.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thanks Virgil........
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Virgil, I can’t imagine how difficult this is on you but I know in the not to distance future I will be walking in your shoes. Hang in there!
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    Virgil- Music helps and Credence can blow everything  out of your head when necessary. I know when my time comes to be alone that music will help. We’re from very different parts of the country, but some things are universal.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Dear Virgil, I’m thinking of you and her. I hope you can stay well occupied while she adjust to her new surroundings. Just yesterday, I listened to CCR at the house, also at maximum volume. Music has truly given my life meaning since my husband passed. It may sound silly to some but it feeds my spirit and brings back some good memories from all stages of my life. 

Tractors are therapeutic for me. A dear friend who had a farm would let me cut the pastures. I loved it. My friend has since died and her nephew now runs the farm. 

Hang in there Virgil and thank you for the update.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more