Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Ivermectin (just in case )

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

AMA  Why ivermectin should not be used to prevent or treat COVID-19

Aug 27, 2021

That is because ivermectin is not approved or authorized by the FDA for COVID-19. Additionally, the National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel determined that there is insufficient evidence and data to recommend ivermectin for treatment of COVID-19. This recommendation is consistent with the Infectious Disease Society of America’s Guidelines on the Treatment and Management of Patients with COVID-19, which speaks against the use of ivermectin in hospitalized patients and ambulatory persons with COVID-19, outside of the context of a clinical trial. There is also no evidence to suggest that ivermectin can be used to successfully prevent COVID-19 infection.

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/why-ivermectin-should-not-be-used-prevent-or-treat-covid-19

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Severe outcomes from this not intended med for humans; this one is for animal use -  has negative dynamics; includes seizures and even death.

Always wonder why a person would choose to take any not intended chemical substances into their bodies which are useless and often harmful and for which they have to pay out of their own pocket, rather than having a free of charge proven and approved vaccine.  Cannot find the logic, but it sure is something that continues and probably always will. 

Remember early in the pandemic the bleach recommendation situation?  Calls to poison centers across the nation dramatically increased the day after that nugget of misinformation was made.

Some people for whatever reasons will continue to distrust and have magical thinking; at times they may beome their own worst enemies depending on the outcome(s)..  

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The insanity of  the willingness to take and unapproved horse medicine instead of  an approved vaccine.
  • Jimbob59
    Jimbob59 Member Posts: 39
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Last week I was at my local feed store buying chicken feed for my backyard flock somebody was in there looking at a big old tube of ivermectin with a picture of a horse on it, after a short conversation with the feed store owner he was advised by owner not to be silly enough to give himself and his family a squirt.
  • RanchersWife
    RanchersWife Member Posts: 172
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments

Every cattle rancher in this country has inadvertently wormed themselves with Cydectin or Noromectin pour -on at one point. They are messy. 

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    jfkoc wrote:
    The insanity of  the willingness to take and unapproved horse medicine instead of  an approved vaccin
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Tried to quote jfkoc, but  couldn’t  add my own comment 

The same people who want to take  this unapproved horse medicine are the ones who would not take the vaccine because it was approved for emergency use, or they  believed nonsense about it altering dna.   But hey, let me take something  for animals… surely that’s safe for human consumption.

A friend told me today that maybe The Darwin principle was at work here.  I’m not so sure she’s wrong 

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    The VOLUNTARY UNVACCINATED CONTROL GROUP are heroically laying down their lives to prove to the world the effectiveness of vaccines. All could have lived but thousands chose to die  to prove to the world that vaccines work . Never in the history of the world have so many died to prove something we already know
  • JJ401
    JJ401 Member Posts: 312
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Crushed, your statement says it all. I received a call last night about the sister of a friend. She volunteered for the control group, and at 58, has proved that the herbal remedies do not work. Gone within a week from diagnosis. 

But, the ivermectin crowd will go to great lengths to get it. One woman in Ohio got a judge to order the hospital to administer it to her hospitalized husband (I’m assuming the version for humans).

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2021/08/30/judge-orders-cinci-hospital-to-treat-covid-19-patient-with-ivermectin-despite-cdc-warnings/

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Oh my stars and garters!   Some of the negative outcomes also come from people overdoing the amount of this animal med. 

I think also, that politics is playing a significant part in much of what we are seeing.  Politics and the "MY rights: people.  And fear.

As Judith said; the "insanity" of it.  That is pretty succinct.  And for those who gave of theselves in the control group . . . .  humbling and so sad.  (Did they not stop the control group and begin to vaccinate them once it became highly evident the vaccine was working as intended?)

J.

• JJ401
    JJ401 Member Posts: 312
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions
    JoC, when I said volunteered for the control group, I meant chose to stay unvaccinated (as described by Crushed).

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more