Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Progressing

In the past week my husband has been slowly showing signs of progression.

When it was time for him to step into the shower he asked "How do I do that?"  I now wash his upper body and hair because he no longer knows how to do that.

Has been nodding off while sitting on the couch after breakfast.  Usually he stays awake.

He's been going to bed between 2:15pm and 3:15pm.  Since the beginning of this year he has been going to bed earlier and earlier.  It used to be 6:00pm, then 5:00pm, etc.  He stays in bed for the most part but at times will stand by his bed when he has to urinate in his disposable briefs.  He won't change until the briefs are really wet.  This morning he got out of bed at 7:45.

He's becoming slightly more unsteady on his feet but ate his dinner today standing near the kitchen counter with me feeding him.

Out of the past seven days he's been highly agitated three times, which is a decrease!

Speaks unintelligibly the majority of the time.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I know it's hard, and I'm sorry. Wish I had a magic wand, but..........
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I am so sorry DIY'r. 

My DH is progressing as well. He is on the verge of Stage 7. I am not adapting well. I transition from denial to anger to sadness throughout the day. I treated myself to a soak in a hot bubble bath in hopes of brightening my day. The bubble bath did not work.

I HATE THIS DISEASE. 

• French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Sorry for this. Strange as sometimes you see the progress sometimes not.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more