Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Dawn took care of it

I was considering getting rid of the nasty, dirty lazy boy recliner DH sits in because the cleaning agents I’ve used (including carpet cleaner) have proven unsatisfactory.  I decided to try Dawn dishwashing soap and to my amazement, it worked beautifully. The chair looks almost new again. I guess if Dawn can clean up ducks that are caught in oil spills, it can clean up almost anything. Now if he will just leave the waterproof pad on the chair, I will be super pleased.

I also used it to clean the seats in our car. It worked great.

Comments

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

The key ingredient in Dawn is SLS is Sodium laurel sulfate.  It works very well but about 40% of the population can have a dermatological reaction like hives.  I suggest an extra rinse if possible with carbonated water. the carbonic acid can bind and flush any residue away.  

I was a professor in both Engineering and Home economics . amazing what you remember. 

• Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes
    Dawn and Joy are also the only “regular,”  readily available soaps that work well in salt/ocean water. Wonder if Joy would  also work in this situation?
  • ElaineD
    ElaineD Member Posts: 206
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

wow, learn the most interesting things here!

ElaineD

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney