Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A simple tip

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
I got my booster shot yesterday. I was going to register my wife to get one today. Yesterday she had her purse, and when I needed her medicare number, it was in her purse, which was somewhere, but where? I looked for probably over an hour before I found it. Yes, she got her booster shot today, but it could have been much easier to register her. So when we got home, I made a copy of her medicare card and driver license to be put up for safe keeping. Insurance cards and anything else that might be needed should be copied, and put away.

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Ed, excellent tip...I would expand it to all of us.  Having copies of these important documents is a good idea.

Just be sure you know where you put them!  

Have you ever put something away for safe keeping and then not be able to find it?  You don't have to have dementia for this to happen!

• Daughter of a Marine
    Daughter of a Marine Member Posts: 55
    Seventh Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes
    Helpful reminders - thank you!  I took pics of both my DH's and my vaccination cards and those pics get saved to the cloud so should be accessible even if my laptop gives up the ghost.
  • Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    I have pictures of all our medical and credit cards on my phone as well as passports and vaccine passports. My phone is always locked so they are safe and I never have to look for any cards while we are away from home.
  • Arrowhead
    Arrowhead Member Posts: 361
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    When my wife started having trouble finding her driver's license, I took it, her Medicare card and her health insurance card. I now carry those for her.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Gig Harbor wrote:
    I have pictures of all our medical and credit cards on my phone as well as passports and vaccine passports. My phone is always locked so they are safe and I never have to look for any cards while we are away from home.

When I got my booster, I had a picture of my vaccination card on my phone. It wasn't accepted because they have to fill in the information for the booster. I had to go home to get the original.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more