Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Birthday surprise

Just for fun: yesterday was my birthday.  I turned 75!  My son stopped by and installed a set of toilet safety rails for DH.  I said “I’m not sure how well these will work.  Sometimes DH tries to sit sideways on the toilet; he might not figure it out.” My smart a** kid said, “Well, in that case, Happy Birthday to you.  Installation is free.” 

(So far, they’re working out well for DH.)

Comments

• Just Ro
    Just Ro Member Posts: 43
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    Lol, Happy Birthday, Beachfan.  That is just too funny! I started my morning with my DH pouring his morning juice into a large serving spoon instead of a glass:/
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Happy Birthday!

• June45
    June45 Member Posts: 364
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Happy Birthday, Beachfan!!  Hmm, I wonder what Santa will have for you under the tree this year.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Love it! Happy Birthday!! This reminds me of something that happened to one of our daughters. Her brother had been laid off, and recently moved in with her. It was her birthday, and he left before she got up. He put a note that said "Look on my bed" next to the coffee pot. She went into his bedroom, and there was a note: "Happy Birthday!" Look under my bed." She found a box that contained his dirty clothes, with a note saying "Will you wash these for me please?"
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Happy Birthday, Beachfan.  I'am glad the rails are working for both of you.   
  • Doityourselfer
    Doityourselfer Member Posts: 224
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Happy Birthday to you!
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Hope you’ve had a great birthday!
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Happy late birthday. Best wishes for a year of blessings!
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Ed1937 wrote:
    Love it! Happy Birthday!! This reminds me of something that happened to one of our daughters. Her brother had been laid off, and recently moved in with her. It was her birthday, and he left before she got up. He put a note that said "Look on my bed" next to the coffee pot. She went into his bedroom, and there was a note: "Happy Birthday!" Look under my bed." She found a box that contained his dirty clothes, with a note saying "Will you wash these for me please?"

Birthday clothes story It was  DWs 31th birthday and we were at a hotel where she was giving a speech.  I had a nice breakfast ready for her but when she pulled out her dress she let out a shriek.  Toothpaste had gotten all over it.  I told her to eat breakfast and I'd fix it.  It went right in the tub in cold water.  I carefully blotted out the toothepaste with towels and then dried it with hair dryer and iron.  (I wasn't a professor in Home Economics for nothing )  She got dressed, gave me a kiss and said "See you at lunchtime, I already have my nightgown!!"    

fun girl  

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy birthday Beachfan

I am glad the toilet rails worked out. Your son sounds like a lovely man.

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Great birthday present and funny. I am wondering how one gets in touch privately with a person on this site.
  • Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Happy birthday!
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Happy Birthday
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Cherjer wrote:
     I am wondering how one gets in touch privately with a person on this site.

Let's say you wanted to have a private conversation with me. You will see that I made this post because my name (Ed1937) will appear next to the post. Click on my name. That will bring you to my profile, where you will find a box "Invite". If you click on that box, I will receive an email telling me that you invited me to be "friends". I then have the option to accept your invitation. If I accept, my name will appear in your "connections", and we can have private messaging. Look up towards the top, middle of this page, and you will see "Inbox". If you have a message from me (or anyone else) you will see the number of messages you have, waiting to be read. If you want to try it, you can click on my name, and I'll accept the invitation. Become familiar with all the options on the top of the page.

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    That's great!  Happy Birthday!
  • Nowhere
    Nowhere Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments

You’ve got a great kid! Happy birthday to you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more