Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Air Tags

Kevcoy
Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

This may have been covered before but I wanted to let you know there is something out there that can make your life so much earier.  When I switched phone companies for my mobile phone they were offering a free iphone with the switch.  Since mine was nearly 9 years old I took them up on their offer.  I noticed an app that said Find My and looked into it.  You can buy what's called Air Tags that are like the size of a thick coin cell battery which will help you find lost items.  The two items my DH seem to lose the most are his keys and wallet.  I activated them and put one in his wallet and one in a coin holder that I used to think all the old men had in their pocket and then taped it closed.  

Just today DH was in a toot because he couldn't find his wallet, so I got my phone out tapped the play sound button and started the search.  We heard it right away and found it on a shelf with my cookie jar collection which is someplace I never would have looked before.  Then this afternoon when I got home from work, same thing, he couldn't find his wallet again. I tapped the button and started going around the house.  This was a little trickier.  I could hear it in the guest bedroom coming from the armoir but when we opened it up we couldn't see it.  We finally found it stashed behind some papers.  This could have taken days to find.  I am so thankful because I am always taking the heat for "hiding" his things and this was taken care of so quickly.

What's also nice about these air tags is you can follow your dear one.  For instance if he goes out to take the dogs for a walk and has his keys with him it tells me exactly what street he is on and the approximat address as well.  These are well worth the price, which wasn't very much.

Comments

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    I have 4 of them and I love them (NB its an apple product )
  • amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments

I purchased two of them, one for my DH wallet and one for my work keys (everyone is always borrowing.) My DH, threw the tag in the trash, said he didn't need it. The one on my work keys have been invaluable, I just tap the app on my phone when they have not been returned within a reasonable time. A gentle reminder to the borrower.

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I need one of those for DWs purse.  Do you need an Apple phone, or can I use the old Samsung I have?
  • Kevcoy
    Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi SITM  I saw on Amazon something for a Samsung Galaxy Smart tag that might work for you.

FYI Just yesterday when DH couldn't find his keys and started to go into a rage about how things disappear and threw his cap across the room.  I calmly got my phone out, opened up the app and pressed the play sound.  We had to wander around the house a bit but heard the beeping in a dresser drawer and under a tee shirt were the keys.  Rage ended and everyone felt better.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more