Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Caregiver workshop

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I want to make it clear that I won't post information on the forum if it leads to something considered spam. But I received an email from someone I'm familiar with, and it concerns a 14 day workshop that costs less than $50.00. It's online, and I really think some of you who are really struggling can benefit from it. That's the only reason I'm writing about it here. It will start soon. 

If you are interested, just click on my name, and when you get to my profile, hit the invite button. I will accept the invitation, then we can have private messaging. I won't post the information here because it might be considered spam (after all, you have to pay for it). I have nothing to do with the program or the person putting it on, and I cannot guarantee anything.  I just want to try to help those of you who are struggling, find something that might make a difference. 

I don't think this post is out of bounds, but if you feel like it is, please let me know.

Comments

• Pathfinder52
    Pathfinder52 Member Posts: 37
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Comments

Oh, Ed, you're always quick to share good things -- how could anyone find fault in that?

I'd love to know what you think of the course once you've finished it.  I'm working on a course of my own that I hope will help caregivers find empowerment and capacity instead of angst and overwhelm (which is often where I first encounter them).

Please be in touch -- we're still connected, I believe -- I'd love to hear the details of this course you've discovered and your assessment of its value for caregivers!

Warmly,

--p

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Hi Ed,

I took a course here in Huntington Beach, CA several years ago and it sounds like the same thing and is not a scam. I am thinking because of Covid it is online.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm not actually taking the course. Sorry I gave that impression. I only posted about it because I thought it would be a good program, and some people could use it.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more