Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

DH had Covid

DH had his appendix out three weeks ago and was doing fine for about a week.  He ran a fever for a day but it went away but he has been extremely tired and no appetite.  On Wed., his sinuses were congested and he was sneezing and blowing his nose a lot.  Then he spiked a 100.7 fever and was very confused.  Thurs. he was worse so I took us both for a Covid test.  He fell Thurs. evening and I called our son who lives 100 miles away and he came and spent the night.   We got the test results yesterday...he is positive; I am negative.  This morning however I am not feeling 100%.  Am praying I don't come down with it.  We are both vaccinated.  I have no idea where he contracted it unless it was when he was in the hospital.  He has worn me out the last few days and my hands are raw from washing them and using sanitizing wipes.

I hate it that our son has been exposed to Covid!  Am praying he doesn't get it.  He is fully vaccinated.  That's all, I just needed to share.

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    White Crane I am so sorry.  Know this is stressful for all.  Praying for you too.  Was your husband offered monoclonals?  They are one thing that has proven helpful.  They can be given even if you are fully vaccinated.  Reduce hospitalization by 70-80%.  They are still under EUA I believe and you would have to meet that criteria. Don’t know all details but qualify when 65 or older, at a certain BMI, and certain chronic diseases.  If it was not offered I would ask about if he meets criteria.   Needs to be given in first week, sooner the better.  A lot of people start feeling better  in two or three daysafter receiving them.  Need to be rechecked if you are feeling worse and son too.  Take care
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    I am so sorry White Crane. My prayers are with you.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm sorry you are having to deal with this too. Thankfully you are both vaccinated, so that should keep you out of the hospital. One of our daughters contracted covid soon after it got bad the first time. She has long covid, and has since tested positive again. But the symptoms were not as severe the second time. She attributes that to being fully vaccinated.
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Sayra wrote:
    White Crane I am so sorry.  Know this is stressful for all.  Praying for you too.  Was your husband offered monoclonals? 

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

White crane,

I hope your husband recovers soon. I really hope you don’t have it as well.

I got Covid in late 2019 just before Christmas. I was very ill with it for a couple of months. This was before vaccination but I noticed I lost all sense of smell and taste for a long time. Because you and your husband are vaccinated, hopefully his illness will pass quickly and hopefully you were having an off day. I have say that if I feel ill, I feel a bit panicked even though I am now double vaccinated. My 88 year old mother tells me the same. 

Here’s hoping your family stays healthy.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more