Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

@gonegirl40

Iris L.
Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I am posting to ask you to please be patient with Michael and me.  There used to be several patients who posted on the Caregiver boards, but now only Michael and I post.  Speaking for myself, I am aware that my verbal and written skills are not what they once were.  Having much experience in different areas, I try to contribute when I believe I can be helpful.  I also need feedback and connection.  No one where I live knows what I am dealing with.  The generosity of this site is that members can post on any board.  I could not have made it this far without the support of the members here.

Iris

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Iris I admire how you and Michael live with this.  Hope that if I am afflicted with this one day that I will be able to do as well as you two do.  Always enjoy your view point.
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    everybody here deserves patience and kindness and respect.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Absolutely. Everyone here deserves patience, kindness and respect.
  • June45
    June45 Member Posts: 364
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Thumps up, Iris. Well said!
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,715
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Totally agree. Thanks Iris. There are plenty who read these threads without posting and there may be others,who could benefit. 

• EllisA
    EllisA Member Posts: 34
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    I agree with all of you.  I usually don't pray for patience.  It seems that every time I ask He provides a new challenge to work on,  I guess that is the best way to learn more.  Suppose that should be my new focus.  I pray you all have a fantastic day.  God Bless you
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm grateful that patients post on the forum. Many times it is helpful to see opinions from the "other side". Occasionally it is a real eye opener. Thanks to both of you.
  • gonegirl40
    gonegirl40 Member Posts: 7
    Fourth Anniversary First Comment

Hi all-

I certainly did not mean to offend anyone. And I am certainly given to misspellings and broken and run-on sentences, I don't think anyone expects any of us to be grammar superstars. But what I did want to convey is that many of us are in different stages of the dementia spectrum with our loved ones and we find this board a safe harbor from many of the other dementia behaviors that come along with the more innocuous memory loss...such as paranoia and delusions and hallucinations. And when we got on here actively seeking advice for what could perhaps escalate into a dangerous situation, it doesn't help that we have to sift through 75 posts from patient's who are posting in the caregivers forum arguing back and forth about how the Alzheimer's Association is out to get them. I know you guys are all friends and I am so glad you have a safe place, but there are others who genuinely need this forum as we have been forced into isolation because of our loved one's inability to function in the corporate world or our social circles, and we need actual help. Did not mean to offend.

Gonegirl

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

You genuinely need to hear what PWD have say. Their posts are invaluable. Theri posts will give you many of the answers you are looking for. They give us a perspective we can not get anywhere else.

So please take the time to read what is written and between the lines. What they share may well stop a situation from becoming dangerous. They know what they are talking about....they give you clear messages from the horses mouth.

Friends? We are not all friends. Wading thru 75 posts? Not from PWD. Still read each carefully....you will find answers.

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Thanks so much for having my back Iris. You are right as we are not as good as I was years ago but I am still good if people could only figure out what I am trying to say. I don’t always say it right but it is meant to help. I just wish more would understand that. Thanks again for have my back as I always will have yours.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Michael you and Iris, please continue to post on any and all boards you choose to. I learn from both of your post. I appreciate your post. Hugs Zetta
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Personal I appreciate all post! 75, I’ve never seen that many, but if there were I’d be grateful for each of them. I’m like a sponge soaking up all the knowledge from this site I can get. From my heart, thank you! Patience, That’s a hard one for me, endurance that’s

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more