Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Back from Germany

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Just to note I could face time from Germany with no problem

For myself the nostalgia was almost overwhelming

We first made the trip though the Rhine Gorge in 1977.  I was the lucky husband of a brand new doctor.  I was just starting an academic career.  The hardest thing I have had to learn is to celebrate the time we had together and not think about the loss of the future.  1972-2017 is 45 years. On this trip I met people who had recognized her as a genius.  I told them a few funny sexy stories that said she was also a fun partner and a fine mother who had a private wit that was stunning. 

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Welcome back!
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Glad you had a nice trip
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Welcome back. I missed you.
  • Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Hope you had a great time. Do you live far from me. I would love to get together with you for lunch some day. I live in Chesapeake City Md. Great reasturants here.
  • Crushed
    Michael Ellenbogen wrote:
    Hope you had a great time. Do you live far from me. I would love to get together with you for lunch some day. I live in Chesapeake City Md. Great reasturants here.

I protect my wife's privacy by being anonymous here.  She was an extremely well known person in her medical field.  We are known as a couple.  Nothing personal 

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

What if I told you I already know who you are. Would that make a difference. I would never say it on here. I believe you are a very interesting person and would love to chat with you. I love talking to smart people.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hey Mr. Jetlag, hope it is comfortable to be back home again in your own bed on your own pillow; it must have been a sweet trip albeit with bittersweet moments. How lovely to have shared so much with your friends.

It comes to mind, and I know that you well know this, one can glean that though all of that which was actually yours in earlier years but is no longer, have been blessings beyond measure and in their own way, still are.  Despite the heartbreak of such a loss being truly harsh and so dreadfully unfair, having had those experiences and sharing such a love continues as an amazing gift and that is what life's  dearest memories are made of.  You have shared so much of those dear and often unique memories with us and done it well which we have enjoyed sharing .    I know as said, that you are well aware of all of that; sadly, it makes the loss you have sustained no easier.  Heartfelt always and I am truly so very sorry for what has come to be.  You have a very rare love within your life and part of her is who you have become from being together as one throughout so much your lives. 

Let us know how your sweetheart is doing when you have made your visit; may she be serene and peaceful and in comfort. 

J.

• Crushed
    I have seen her twice , she looks lovely , her care is excellent.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Welcome back!
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    Hi Crushed, welcome back!  I’m glad you enjoyed your trip, the sweet and the bittersweet. We all have to learn how to be “me” instead of “us”. Its hard.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

So glad you found your beloved comfortable and in good care. 

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney