Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

This may help you with bills and financial issues

Comments

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

SilverBills is a nationwide concierge bill management service. SilverBills receives, scrutinizes, stores and ensures payment of clients' household bills. If you are interested in participating in a research study to determine the importance of financial management on caregiver stress, (please reach out to me privately and provide me with your email address which I will share with someone at the Milken Institute). Note that participants in the study are provided with free access to the SilverBills' service.

• sunshine5
    sunshine5 Member Posts: 148
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments
    How can u be sure that it’s Dementia for sure. The mri shows some signs but it could also be vitamin deficiency or uti. Any thoughts?
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Discuss these questions in detail with the doctor.

MRI does not diagnose dementia or Alzheimer's Disease, but tells if there is something like a tumor (cancer) or a stroke or head trauma as a possible cause. 

Vitamin B12 deficiency is diagnosed by blood test.

UTI is diagnosed by a urinary test and culture of urine.

Seizure is a later sign of Alzheimer's Disease.  But of course, seizure may occur from other causes.  If the patient is a known patient with Alzheimer's Disease, the course of disease is somewhat predictable, to a degree.  

My suggestion for you, sunshine, is to read more about the course of Alzheimer's Disease and about the diagnostic process.  There is much to know because there will be MANY changes, and it is good to be prepared.

Iris

• sunshine5
    sunshine5 Member Posts: 148
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments

Thanks Iris. DH is getting a vitamin and urine test, had mri’s done.

Trying everything possible like Coognitive vitamins,  exercise, mct and coconut oil and may be aromatherapy oils. Something should work!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more