Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Momento

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

For some reason DW put these earrings on the windowsill 4 years ago, just before she went into memory care. I've never moved them.  I see them every day.  

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

How loving, and how poignantly sweet.  They are butterflies and they are against a window to the outside - it feels as though there is something very symbolic in that . . . . thank you for sharing this, Crushed.

J.

• DrinaJGB
    DrinaJGB Member Posts: 425
    100 Comments First Anniversary

How lovely.

I left my DH's umbrella by the back door for a year. He had come home on Friday evening and left it there by the door.

The next morning he was life-flighted to the Texas Medical center with a deadly virus that attacked his brain. And here we remain all these years later---prisoners to dementia.I finally removed the umbrella.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Crushed, what a lovely and poignant memento.  I have the last bird list DH wrote.  These days he has trouble identifying a house sparrow. It's sad and yet I cherish having something that he wrote himself.  Thank you for sharing this.
  • Just Ro
    Just Ro Member Posts: 43
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    Love this!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia