Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just for laughs

My DH has made me laugh out loud several times the last few days. He is on a roll and I’m just trying to make the best of these interesting discussions. (BTW. he’s dead serious but seems to enjoy it when I get a kick out of his remarks, thank goodness!) 

Him: Huh. 

Me: What’s up?

Him: It’s not easy.

Me: What‘s that?

Him: I’m trying to figure out where my behind is. 

Me: (???!!! Lol. Absolutely no idea...)

———

Him: (running dialogue today, from police picking me up and leaving me in the car while they go to the library...(?) to me not understanding how he got from discussing mousetraps, to deciding how to call his dad to pick him up (that will be a very long distance call as his dad died of AD 30 years ago)

Him: Was she sitting there? (no one’s there)

Me: No 

Him: they need to go in there & fix the disciples’ toilets (super random, then I see he’s reading the morning devotional mag from 3 yrs ago). “Well they do... isht”. HaHaHa (I don’t know if we are laughing for the same reason)

—————-

* I think my sense of humor is getting twisted. Please share any jokes or funnies you may have to lighten the mood today, from your LO or otherwise. Thanks!

Comments

• Arrowhead
    Arrowhead Member Posts: 361
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

This conversation happened some time ago between my wife of 44 years and me. 

Her: I can’t find him.

Me: Can’t find who?

Her: Your husband

Me: My husband?

Her: Yes, your husband.

Me: I’m not gay 

Her: You’re not?

• pluviophile
    pluviophile Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments First Anniversary

I love it when my husband makes jokes and though his verbal abilities are not so great he still often makes little jokes.

I take him for long drives when I go to see him in MC.  Every couple of days.  Recently I said we needed to head back because my bottom was beginning to hurt from sitting and driving.  He looked at my back (cause in car couldn't really see my seat) and very wryly  said, "Well there is a lot back there."   too funny!

It is bigger than when we met so many decades ago, but it's not THAT big.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more