Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Thankful for this forum(1)

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,716
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
I thank all of you who are here, seen and unseen, I truly have come to rely on this online community in ways I never would have imagined. It's my first stop over morning coffee and frequently last stop at night.  So many I now consider friends, and the support is invaluable. Best wishes to all for a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

My thanks to everyone here too; during the "worst of times," it was the kind folks here who helped keep my head above water.   I am also deeply grateful to the Alzheimer's Assn. for providing this Message Board, for supporting it and for diligently keeping it up and running; that is no small thing.

M1, may tomorrows dinner with your nephew and his significant other go splendidly with everyone enjoying sharing together.

Happy Thanksgiving wishes to everyone,

J.

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Dear M1, my sentiments exactly! Just so you know, I consider you as my friend. You have always been kind to me and that means a lot. I hope you have a special day tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved one.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Me too, I am very thankful for all the members here!

Iris

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thankful for this board also.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I am so thankful for this forum and all of you caregiver heroes. I can't imagine travelling this path without you and your support and your kindness and your wisdom. 

God bless you all.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    To all my caregiver friends on this site, wishing you the best Thanksgiving for both you and your loved ones.
  • BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    I'm thankful too. The beautiful people who have and/or continue to post here helped me through a very difficult time caring for my mom. She is now gone, but this (Lorita's thread in particular) is my favorite "social media." I check in 1-3 x/day and post once or twice a week. People here are so kind.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,311
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I'm also thankful for this wonderful place where we can come and get answers to our questions or just to visit with friends we've made over the years. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

M1

Exactly the same for me, first stop in the morning and last before bed-and I have

been Stage 8 for 16 months. Love you guys!!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Michele

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    I am profoundly grateful for this extraordinary community.  I treasure the generosity, wisdom, empathy, and kindness that is here in such abundance.  I have learned so much, and you all have made my AD journey so much less lonely.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Yes, M1, you and all the others said it perfectly. This forum was and is my lifeline. We all may have lost the opportunity to see our friends, but we are all friends here and I cherish each and every one. Thank you all for the support, the tips, the venting, the laughter, and sometimes the crying.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    You have all expressed my sentiments exactly and eloquently! Happy Thanksgiving, even if it’s “just another day”.  I have learned/shared more on this forum than from anywhere else. I am especially impressed, and thankful, when members inquire after those who’ve posted but then seem to vanish for awhile.  Such a deeply caring community.  God bless all of you.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    What a great thread! I learned more in the first month here than I could have imagined, and I continue to learn. I'm thankful for all the empathy, understanding, and help that is special in this forum.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    I would like to echo best wishes for Thanksgiving to the American posters here. We had our Thanksgiving in October. I find I come here when feeling overwhelmed, in other words daily. I need this forum so much.
  • French
    French Member Posts: 445

I am also thankful. I wouldn’t have imagined that I would find so much support from so far. 

We don’t have thanksgiving here, but I wish you all a happy thanksgiving and I hope I will enjoy thanksgiving one day.

• janeymack
    janeymack Member Posts: 55
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments

Thanks to all of you for being out there to listen and share. This forum delivered to me a new friend and we now support each other on a daily basis. Knowing there are shoulders to lean on and ears to listen gives all of us support in the darkest times when we feel so alone and want to run away.

I hope you all were able to have a peaceful, thankful day without too many surprises.

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    I add my name to the list of caregivers who are grateful for this message board and the daily support I get from reading and commenting. It not only tells me that I am not alone but offers me many ideas to handle situations. I try to follow many of them.
  • Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

French - I would trade that turkey any day for one of those great baguette + a strawberry crêpe  

• Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165

M1,

Same here!  You all contribute so much with sharing, I have not shared much, or participated much - but this is definitely the place where others understand.

Bless you all, and thank you all. 

• Doityourselfer
    Doityourselfer Member Posts: 224
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I'm extremely thankful for this forum and all the support.
  • Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    I thank everyone too. Lifeline is the right word to use to describe this Forum. I’ve learned more from friends here than from doctors and other health care workers who don’t really have the practical advice that is so important. If we’re learning how to take life a day at a time, then we need to know how to best get through that day.
  • piozam13
    piozam13 Member Posts: 72
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments
    Me too.  Your posts had me going.  I found answers before I asked.  I'm so thankful to all of you.
  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,759
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    please add my name to the grateful list.......

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more