Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Aware & Share Card

There are times when you need to share quietly with others that some extra tender loving care or concern should be shown to someone living with Dementia. Carry this card with you wherever you go.

Click Here to Request a Complimentary Card

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you Michael!
  • CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I recently had a stack of 100 cards made through an online sight called "zazzle". Very simple, just relayed the message I wanted to use with wait staff, store clerks, etc.

• Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Thank you, Michael.  CStrope, these are wonderful. Love them.  I just need to add something about not mentioning it because of anosognosia.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Michael and CStrope, thank you. These could be very handy.

Pam, thanks for mentioning this addition to the card. Most of the time, I don't think it's a good idea for someone to bring that up. My wife doesn't have anosognosia, but she never heard the diagnosis, and we never told her about it. She would be devastated if someone told her she had dementia.

• Shevie
    Shevie Member Posts: 31
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    Michael & Pam BH, thanks for enlightening me, I was not aware of the word anosognosia.  So very important and great idea for the card.  So appreciated 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more