Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Had a lovely thanksgiving

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Had a lovely Thanksgiving with my two daughters,sons in law and my 5 little grandchildren. (2-8 years old)  Everyone loved the Turkey  Grandchildren loved my photos of my daughters as little children helping with thanksgiving. 

I took all the elements of Dinner and ran them in the food processor and visited DW on Friday,  My youngest sister joined me.   Kind of grey looking puree but she loved it and the ice cream sundae.  

Funny memories. I may have told this story before but who cares.  Since I always delivered a turkey to my in-laws or daughters we had a long tradition of a "romantic encounter" while the turkey was cooking.  So one year I was cooking two extra turkeys.  I put in the first one and came back to bed.  DW asked me how many turkeys I was cooking , I said three.  She said "I'll only feel romantic for one, your choice"     

The turkey for today's extended family had two necks inside.  HMMM  I'll tell the kids its a mutant turkey

Comments

• piozam13
    piozam13 Member Posts: 72
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments

good one.  belated greetings - happy thanksgiving.

• Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    I had half my family with me for Thanksgiving, a rare and much appreciated event. My grandson and his bride prepared the entire meal, while I sat on my tush watching the parade and the dog show. They did a fantastic, professional job. With parents in the hospitality industry, my grandson learned how to become a fantastic cook. My husband became more animated. with his loved ones in our home. He didn’t nod off, he ate heartily, and we all enjoyed a now-rare, normal holiday.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more