Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Turkey pot pie

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
Some mornings you just feel like making turkey pot pie !!

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    They are beautiful
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Omigoodness.  How lucious looking . . . . I can almost smell them.  Bet they will taste great.  Wish I had one, but alas.   Enjoy and keep on keeping on; holidays seem to bring out the best in your culinary skills.

J.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,759
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    great looking pies...great looking stove top
  • Crushed

15 years ago our old stove died right before Thanksgiving,  When they installed the new one they turned to DW to tell her how it worked.  She looked at them, laughed and said That's not my department!!
      One advantage was that with dementia she never tried to turn on the stove.  She had no idea how to do it or what it was for.

I always made microwave lunches for her and if I traveled there were lunches and dinner for every day.    
     My daughters joke that I only had one move for women and it was through the kitchen  

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Yesterday, I unwrapped the turkey breast carcass with full intentions of making turkey corn noodle soup.  Took one look at it and tossed it.  So much for domesticity in this house!  Crushed, do you deliver? (Or I could meet you half way).  Pies look yummy, by the way.
  • Crushed

I have been "delivering" Turkeys for over 40 years.  Yesterday I delivered one of the pot pies to my brother whose illness prevented him from joining the family on Saturday.  He called later and said it was fabulous.  Made my day. 

My cooking for DW was a special bond that ran through our whole married life.  I cooked over camp fires, in RVs, in rental apartments, everywhere.  I sometimes cooked stuff that I barely recognized.  There were even cooking disasters that became the stuff of family legend.

She had a line that was husbands are easy to find, cooks are not, I'll keep him  

If the dinner was not only cooked but the kitchen cleaned up, She would give me a special smile and say I guess we have time for "dessert"  

As dementia kicked in things got a little weird.  Once she complained the Salmon was not as good as usual. I said  We're in a restaurant, I didn't cook it.    

I t is one of the nostalgic pleasures

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    You inspired me Crushed, I have one in the oven right now, but my crust is not as pretty.  Beachfan, I'm a soup fan. too--that may come next.  But don't feel bad--you have earned the right to do as you darn well please, IMHO!!
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Crushed, those pies should be on the cover of a great cook book! I don’t think my husband of nearly 52 years has ever even boiled water! But that’s okay too. Thank you for sharing the beautiful memories of your dear wife.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    I'm so hungry . . . . .

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia