Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A very good Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day went so well!  I wasn't sure how DH would do with so many people there but he ended up having a great time!  Three of our four children and their spouses were there along with four of our five twenty-something grandchildren.  DH was "the biggest duck in the puddle."  He talked and laughed and ate a big meal.  One granddaughter had brought pecan pie brownies and he ate two of them and told her over and over again how good they were.  She said thank you, Grandpa each time and never once acted like he had told her at least twenty times.  We played rummy in the afternoon and DH was right there playing his best.  By evening, he was so tired that I was afraid he might collapse but he didn't want to lie down.  He waved me off and said he wanted to try and hang in.  When we finally got to bed, he slept like a log.  I'm afraid the next day wasn't as good...he was grumpy most of the day but we had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I felt very blessed and thankful.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Posts like this are good to see. I'm happy that your Thanksgiving went so well. Ours was pretty good as well. I hope everybody else enjoyed their holiday too.
  • caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    What a great day you had!  The kids and grands seem to brighten up my DH.  
    So nice to hear the good things.  Thank you for posting!  
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    That's wonderful! Here's to being "The Biggest Duck in the Puddle"!!!! I'm so happy for you both.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    So happy everyone's day went so well. It's good to hear a positive story now and then!! Thanks for sharing. PS If there's any leftover pecan pie brownies, I can help you get rid of them. Sounds delicious.
  • Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    My family had a lovely Thanksgiving together. My grandson and his bride prepared the entire meal at our home. They did a fantastic job. The most poignant moment for me, though, was when my grandson and I had to run out to the store for some brown sugar. I was telling him all about Papa’s latest symptoms when my grandson said, «But tell me, Nana, how are YOU doing?» I was so touched by his empathy and concern that I almost cried.
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    How wonderful that you could have such a great Thanksgiving with your family. It will be a memory I’m sure all will cherish.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more