Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Enough Already!

OMG if I get one more email from Alz. website asking for money I may throw up!!!~

\ PLEASE. STOP.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Srinagar there’s been a thread about this before. Check your settings; I never get these and am not sure why but I’m sure it’s related to some setting or other.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Drina. How does spellcheck get Srinagar out of Drina?!?
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Drina; I have been a Member since 2006 and have not received any such solicitations.  If you go to the top of the page and click on the prompt, "Contact Us," you can Post your complaint and it will either be handled or will give you the link of where you can get the problem addressed.

M1; you had me chuckling; but then I had to look up the word, "Srinagar," because it was capitalized and thought that may have it a valid word. It was!

Srinagar is actually a town in India.  Crazy spell check to come up with that from "Drina."  Funny.

J.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I get a solicitation daily.  I just delete it with all my other solicitations.

Iris

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I get one two or three times a week. They just get deleted.

• Emily 123
    Emily 123 Member Posts: 747
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions

Hi all--I went digging and found this:

We respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Simply send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

• To remove your name from mailing lists shared with other organizations, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting removal.
    • To remove your name from the Alzheimer's Association postal mailing list, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting suppression of your personal information in our files.
    • To review or correct your personal information with the Alzheimer's Association, please provide your name and a sentence requesting a review or a correction
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

There are two sites. - this forum alzconnected..org and alz.org

I do not remember ever signing up at alz.org, only at this forum site.  I have never received a solicitation message. 

Are your solicitation messages coming from the forum site or the main site? 

• DrinaJGB
    DrinaJGB Member Posts: 425
    100 Comments First Anniversary

Yes that is exactly what I get daily---sometimes several times daily. 

I delete them every day, but now I am going to unsubscribe. This has gone beyond periodic solicitation and borders on harassment.

BTW--"Drina" is a river in Serbia which runs into the Danube.There is a famous bridge over it.A book about this bridge won a Nobel Prize for literature.

It was also Queen Victoria's first name--(Alexandrina---aka Drina for which she was known by her family).

dj

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Apropos of nothing: our granddaughter’s name is Alexandra; we call her “Allie”.  (I don’t care for it; sounds like a thug.)  Wish she were named Alexandrina and we could call her Drina.  (I don’t get those e-mails often; just occasionally and some mailings, I guess from former donations.).
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Drina, what a lovely history regarding your name.

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney