Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Another fall(1)

Yesterday my DH was working on the backyard leaves that were in a pile and needed put in the trash can. He said he did not need help. He lost track of what he was out there for and started on another "project" when he fell. He can no longer do so many things he did all of his life, it is sad to see. Mostly he sits in his chair or  works a puzzle on a table that I keep up all of the time.  I initially do the outside edges and let him work in the inside.  He loses interest if I don't help, so I do sit down each day and find some pieces and take out misplaced pieces. 

Our son stopped by and while he was here, DH came in with a bloodied arm. 

The sight of blood has made me light headed and dizzy, but I tried to clean the scrape up so I could put a bandage over it, until I became too light headed. Our son took over and like me, he wasn't handling the sight of the wound very well.  

Between the two of us we were able to clean up the worst of the blood.

This morning DH is none for the worse, except he wore the 3x3 inch bandage off during the night.  

In 2019 we had the two large backyard trees taken out, along with three smaller aspen trees. They had overgrown the yard. Our son planted a new red maple and three aspen trees, which do not yet produce many leaves, so we are not talking about lots and lots of leaves. We do get some outside leaves blowing in from the neighbor's trees. 

It is sad to see DH's decline as the days, months, and years tick off. We are  still in mid to late stage five. 

In January I am having my right knee replaced. My new left knee works wonderfully well. 

I'm dreading the recovery time, but am looking forward to being mobile again with no pain. 

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I'm sorry about his fall. I hope he is on the mend and today is a better day for you both.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more