Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I recommend the following

I don’t like to recommend things that I can not prove. But after taking these for every long time they have been safe. I also believe they are helping along with the other drugs I take. No one will ever know if this combination works but I did a lot of studding and many do agree that there is some possibility. The ways I see it is you have nothing to lose. Don’t expect a change overnight. You will need to give it at least 3 to 6 months. Don’t expect it to reverse it but just delay it.

Turmeric 1 capsule AM daily

Resveratrol 1 capsule AM, 1 capsule PM daily

Coconut Oil 2 gm AM, 2 gm PM daily

These are the others below I take but not recommending this without speaking to you doctor. I also take many other drugs to lower heartrate, cholesterol, blood pressure and even depression. I believe they are all helping in their own way  

Galantamine 4mg AM, 8mg PM daily

Memantine 10mg AM, 10mg PM daily

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    The following link addresses using alternative treatments in dementia and more . . .

"To learn more about treatments, including drug and non-drug options, please visit: https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/treatments and talk to your doctor to determine the best treatment option for you."

The supplements and drugs mentioned above can interact with and impact prescription meds as well as having potential side effects. 

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

You actual got my curiosity of what AA was saying. As usual they are wrong. This is false statement below.

“A few people have reported that coconut oil helped the person with Alzheimer’s, but there’s never been any clinical testing of coconut oil for Alzheimer’s, and there’s no scientific evidence that it helps.

They had tried to do many studies but each time they did this the people decided to go out and buy the real product rather then taking the placebo which cause them to stop the trial.  

An It was I who educated AA about Cholinesterase inhibitors. They kept telling people it was only good for 1 ½ years. They were so wrong on that. So before you tell people were to go they should go to a real trusted sources. I have had many key scientist and Neurologist look at what I take and many think it is very possible that I may be on to something. And my results are much better than I said but I am trying to tone it down as I don’t want to give false hope. Even Maria C. Carrillo, Ph.D., Chief Science Officer of AA agreed with me.  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more