Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

To Army Vet and Last Dance

And to everyone else in stage 8.  I am fast approaching  the 1 yr anniversary (Jan 23). and I find myself shuffeling through the motions of the holiday.  You guys are not alone and neither am I.   I can't say that I've  had visitations but there have been a few dreams where he felt so very real to me and thankfully he appeared as he used to be before ALZ.  There was a night when Jerry was in the throws of a delusion where he stopped  and said to me " I do not want to take you with me." Then in a split second he was back to the delusions. I will remember that till I die.  It helps me go  on. I remember that I have loved and I was loved.

Acceptance for me  means to pay it forward.   I donate to food banks , toys for kids I even paid for an older lady's  perscription  that I knew she could  not afford.   (That felt so freaking good.)  But most importantly  I make sure I am NOT  that friend who disappears when the going  gets rough.   I choose to smile even as the tears are falling.. 

Blessings to All Here. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more