Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Urination

Oh my...we are having our living room completely remodeled so had painting done and all pictures off the walls in living room and hallway etc. I put some of the pictures on the floor in our bedroom as paintings etc will go back on the walls once our new furniture comes. We had several cloth designs  from Viet Nam which we framed several years ago with a cost of several hundred dollars. My DH  urinated on them in the middle of the day..completely unaware that he was not using the toilet! Indeed I was very upset but what can  you do?? Just brought the cloth designs back to the framer and spending another $$$ to reframe. If it wasn't so sad about not knowing where the toilet is...I could laugh. Lesson learned...put nothing on the floor except towels!! 

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Cherjer, I'm sorry that happened. But know that you're not alone. Although my wife hasn't yet caused added expenses other than carpet cleaning, I do have to know what she is doing all the time because I have caught her trying to use areas not designed for toilet use. So far I've been lucky to catch her in time.
  • tcrosse
    tcrosse Member Posts: 44
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments
    A few days ago I found my DW sitting in the car, draining her bladder. Luckily she didn't pull down her pants, so I was able to clean up the car seat. From now on I keep the car doors locked.
  • billS
    billS Member Posts: 180
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments
    During the day my wife always uses the toilet properly, but at night I have  to put Depends on her, otherwise she pees in her underwear. Thankfully she has not done it in the bed yet, but she gets up, apparently nearing nature's call, and will squat on a rug or bath mat. Now with the Depends she fills them with urine, then takes them off and leaves them laying on the bathroom counter, on my desk, or once on the kitchen counter!! Now if I hear her get up I try to follow her and assist.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    My DH has recently started missing the toilet, thanks to some really smart people on here, I had purchased puppy pads and placed them around the toilet. Yesterday I was checking on DH, he was in bathroom and had a large wad of tissue paper wiping up the floor. I ask him what he was doing, he said the toilet moved and he missed! He wasn’t even wiping where the pee was at! I tried not to laugh, just got the mop and cleaned up the floor.
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Thanks and good to hear (sorry) that I am not alone! My DH wakes up at night and goes to the bathroom just fine...well misses a little but most often just fine. i am thinking he is more independent at night when i do not assist him. Go figure. Nothing on our bedroom floor anymore!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more