Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I don't understand(1)

Talked to the neuropsychologist today about last week's testing. Although DH tested in the moderate to severe memory loss category in Nov,  he did well last week. Scores were in the average to below average range. She feels he is very depressed. He sleeps 20 hours a day and has lost interest in everything. So I understand where she is coming from. Recommends seeing a psychiatrist. 

But he also has urinary incontinence and has given up on personal hygiene.  Memory is poor. I just don't know what to do anymore.  We have been doctoring for the past 8 months. I need someone to put the puzzle pieces together. 

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    ttt
  • Marta
    Marta Member Posts: 694
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Whoever ordered the neuropsychological evaluation should be guiding you on the next step, so follow up is needed.
  • extex
    extex Member Posts: 62
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments
    The neuropsychologist should have provided a full written report and testing results back to the Dr who referred you to him, probably his neurologist.  That report will contain his testing results and the conclusion (i.e. Alzheimers, something else or inconclusive.). If he continues to improve on the tests, chances of him having Alzheimers are slim to none.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more