Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Does anyone have experience with “Town Square”?

A Town Square adult day care facility is opening in our area. I was wondering if anyone has any loved one attending this program. My DH attends a not for profit adult day program and is extremely unhappy with it. I’m hoping this will be better.

Comments

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Luna,

I was unfamiliar with Town Square ADC until your post.  I googled it; it looks interesting and appealing to the right consumer.  My DH wanted nothing to do with an adult program; I don’t think he would have enjoyed Town Square either although the concept is great.  Good luck.  

• Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes

I believe virtually any “chain” business—adult day care, residential facility, home aides, even hotels—is maybe 85 percent more about the individuals working there than the corporate/franchise name.

Or in other words, my local “Help Mom” agency is great because it has great people. But the “Help Mom”  agency in the next county, with different people, is not so great.

Go visit, try and see, especially since you’re unhappy with the one you have now.

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 743
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    I agree with Rescue Mom about the people. Most of these services are designed to appeal to the middle-aged kids making the decisions more than to the people they serve. Marketing is king in elder care.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more