Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

best-laid plans

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,716
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
After listening to the news all morning (probably a mistake in itself) my partner just panicked today about having anyone over this week.  So:  change of venue to my daughter's house, and we'll just leave her home.  I don't know how else to handle it; I think even the thought of six adults and tow children is overwhelming to her at this point.  All are vaxed and boosted and we'll test, but it's just more than she can handle.  Maybe for the best.  Probably her last holiday, but i said that last year.  Any change of routine is too much now.

Comments

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Well   DD#1 who is with FDA and has  PhD in molecular biology is really scared.
    I'm still trying to get a handle on the risk 
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Hi M1, I hope everything works out and goes well at your daughters house. Does your partner insist on watching the news daily or can you do a "work around"? I'm sorry she's upset.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Dinner with the kids and grandkids went just great, my 5 yo granddaughter said, can we do this every year? Sadly my partner didn't know me momentarily today, can't remember my children, and was confused about where I had gone. So it worked out for the best not to include her, sadly. She did okay for a few hours by herself, but I think those days are limited. Twilight deepens.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 850
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Dear M1, I’m so glad the dinner went well at your daughters. And I understand about your partner not being able to handle having several people over.  My husband doesn’t do well with that either. I’m sorry the twilight is deepening. My heart hurts for you. Sending hugs.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more