Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Leaving in 4 days

Today after the adult daycare, we are going to my parents for Christmas. We will be back on Saturday evening for our flight on Sunday morning. The suitcases are ready, the house is clean.

Yesterday he was also at the adult daycare and I really felt on holidays even if I spend most of my day preparing his suitcase and cleaning the house. I couldn’t have time like that since this summer. Just feeling free (and not to work).

We now just have to hope that our covid test on Friday will be negative. We just had our booster on Friday and everybody in the family will do test before coming to my parents.

I will try to send you pictures from Tunisia. I fist have to find how to take pictures with a low definition. 

Have an happy Christmas 

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    French, I am hoping all goes well with the move to Tunisia. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Yes Bon voyage.  This will be quite a change for you when you come back.  Let us know how it all goes....
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Best of luck going forward, French.  I hope everything works out for you, your DH and family. I hope he can settle in and you can again become his partner and companion rather than his worried, harried, never ending caregiver.  Christmas Eve will mark 6 weeks that my DH has been in MC.  I love him with all my heart, but I am realizing that our lives have taken two different paths.  I am slowly healing as I  mourn his loss even though he he is not completely gone. It’s all very complicated and sad.
  • sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 743
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Bon voyage indeed! I hope all your travels go smoothly and that you have the support you need along the ways.
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    French wrote:

I will try to send you pictures from Tunisia. I fist have to find how to take pictures with a low definition. 

If you are using an Iphone email it to yourself and it gives you a choice of compressions  I just did it to this picture of Irish soda bread
    no effect at all on the flavor 

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Merry Christmas to you French! I'm hoping all goes well for you both.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Merry Christmas, French and to your family. Prayers that all goes well for you! Have a safe trip.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Joyeux Noël et bon voyage. I hope all goes well. I know your partner will be happy in Tunisia and you will get your life back.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Joyeux Noël et Bon Voyage!

Iris

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Tunisia sounds wonderful.  Safe travels
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I've been thinking of you and your partner, French! I'm so glad you update us. Our paths are at similar points in time, and I just find it somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one going through this.

I hope you both test negative. No need to have your plans all thrown off by stupid Covid.

I really hope you enjoy your Christmas with your parents.

• French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Imagine the toilets routine in a house full of people. And as a matter of fact, he needs to go almost every hour. Toilets are too small to be both in and I have to let the door open.

As josey say, it could be worse, no poop accident for the moment. In fact no for 1 month 1/2.

2 days and 2 nights now

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 850
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Merry Christmas, French. Praying it goes well.
  • June45
    June45 Member Posts: 365
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Oh my French, the "toilet routine" does sound like it will be a challenge, and might just be unpleasant at times. We will be here for you to vent!!
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Dear French, I'm thinking of you today. I hope Christmas holiday with your family goes well for you and him!

Merry Christmas.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney