Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Synchronicity

I am not one to add the “woe is me” post, but I reached a point…

My daughter was T-boned in a hit-and-run on the 23rd, Luckily she only has a concussion, but recovery is proving lengthy. She is 800 miles away. We drove to her and spent Christmas together. Then…

Traveling home through blinding snow, I learn that my mother is in the hospital. Her brother says he does not expect her to live.

Meanwhile I am dealing with the usual lunacy from my HWD.

I am texting my brother and tell him that three very important people in my life are compromised and I am at a breaking point. We sign off, then “Three Little Birds” comes on the station I am listening to. 

One way or another, every little thing is gonna be alright, they say.

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Lynne, I’m so sorry. Stay safe on the road.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Lynne 

Please drive carefully.  I know how easy it can be to drive on auto pilot when you have all these people to worry  about. 

Hopefully your daughter will return to normal soon 

I’m sorry to hear your Mom is doing so badly. 

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Not as bad as yours But DD#1 broke her arm , DW fell and mashed her face and both granddaughters are covid positive......  Sometime you just wonder
  • Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

You deserve a woe is me post. That is a lot to carry. I’m so sorry about your  mom. I couldn't do even one more sick loved one let alone two. 

I hope your daughter recovers quickly. I was feeling sorry for my self because my attempt to get exempted from jury duty failed so far. Your post snapped me out of my pity party.  

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Lynne and now Crushed 

You make me feel like a toddler whining about the neck and back brace I’m wearing. Meanwhile my mom with dementia cries because she hasn’t seen me for a few weeks( we talk every day). 

I don’t know why the universe has to just keep heaping things on all of you.  

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 743
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh my, Lynne, this is a lot! I'm so glad you got some hope via radio and hope you arrive home safely.

Battlebuddy, your post really got me. I can't imagine how I would cope if jury duty raised its head right now.

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Lynne D I'm so sorry.  it does seem like when it rains it pours.  Concussions can take quite a while to get over, a lot of the symptoms can really linger.  Sending up prayers for your mom too, losing your mom, no matter what her age or yours, it is a life changing moment.  Hang in there

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Prayers here too Lynne. And crushed. Scary stuff. I was tboned in 2014 (passenger side thank God) and cars coming from the right still give me PTSD.
  • Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Sometimes we are just snakebit, and all we can do is accept the things we can't change.  I've been there, and I'm sorry you are having all this at once.
  • Tfreedz
    Tfreedz Member Posts: 138
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Lynne, so very sorry you have this pile of junk all at once. I’m glad the song came on when it did and you mentioned it to us. You vent away, that is what we are all here for...support!! I hope you get home safely and your daughter recovers quickly. As for your Mom, my heart goes out to you! One moment at a time my friend...we are with you.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lynne,

Praying for your daughter, your mom and your continued strength.  I would have caved by now.  Hopefully, better days are ahead, way better days.  

Battlebuddy, I returned my most recent jury summons with a nice note: thanks, but no thanks.  It was accepted.  DH, however, received a summons recently, even though he’d been exempted several years ago.  Bizzaro- - I guess they thought he got better. 

• June45
    June45 Member Posts: 365
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Oh Lynne, that is all too much and it is definitely a "woe is me" situation. And to add insult to injury it happened during the holidays. Wishing you safe travels and somehow a peace of mind that you will get through this.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Way, way too much, Lynne. I'm sorry, and I hope things get better for them.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lynne, my prayers are with you! I pray your daughter gets better soon, and prayers for you mom and your whole family! Please be careful in all that snow and pray for your safety! 

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I am so sorry, Lynne, that you have so much on your plate.  It doesn’t rain but it pours.

I hope things improve for you, and soon.

• Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Thanks for the moral boost and prayers, my friends.

Mother looks like she is out of the woods and will be going to a rehab hospital Monday. We got home without incident. Our daughter’s recovery from the accident is concerning, and separation anguishing, but she is young and strong and will survive.

Soldier on!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney