Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Love and Gratitude for You All

You are all doing something extraordinarily difficult and I am in awe of you and respect you.

Only we in this special club have a sense of the crushing emotional, physical, and financial toll dementia takes on us. I often lurk on this site without posting and have learned valuable information available nowhere else. There are no words to express my gratitude for your support when I am breaking.

Caregivers are superhuman (yes, you). Own it as you move into 2022.

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Thank you Lynne and ditto.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Lynne, you're as much a part of this community as anyone else. So thanks to everyone for taking part.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Thank you, Lynne. You've so eloquently put to words my thoughts. Hope you have a good new year amidst the daily chaos.
  • A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Thank you, Lynne. I couldn't have said this better. I too lurk a lot more often than I post, but this forum has been my lifeline for the last 1.5 years. Affection and solidarity to us all as we walk this lonely road together.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lynne, you and everyone on here have been a lifesaver for me too! I honestly had no clue about Alzheimer’s until I came on this site. Thank each of you! 

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Thank you Lynn...I too lurk more than I post  but check this site every day. Yesterday was so hard for me as I really lost all patience with my DH and ended up just crying for all that is difficult with us taking care of our loved ones suffering this horrible disease.  I usually have a caregiver twice a week for five hours but did not during the holiday. I realize how very important that is to get some relief from 24 hour care. I cannot leave my DH alone at all so comes with me for the tiniest of errands. I am lucky that he is healthy otherwise...have been on this journey since official diagnosis in 2015. I am also very lucky he sleeps at night and hope that continues as long as possible.

A Happy New Year to all the dear people on this site. 

• RobertsBrown
    RobertsBrown Member Posts: 143
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

You put a smile on my face.

Thanks lady!

• Stella Luna
    Stella Luna Member Posts: 50
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments

Lynne,

You have expressed my thoughts completely. I read all of your posts daily and they have helped me deal with the ups and downs of this disease. Thank you all for taking the time from your busy caregiver schedule to advise us and share your invaluable experiences.

Hope 2022 brings a little joy and peace.

• Shevie
    Shevie Member Posts: 31
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    Very well said!!! Ditto!  So many heartbreaking thoughts shared here, and so grateful to be here too. One day at a time.
  • Shevie
    Shevie Member Posts: 31
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    Lady Texan, thanks for the post of things to do re: safety as the caregiver. So thankful to you too

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more