Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

laughing again

I have posted these before:

I gave my DW some Ensure to boost her energy and gain weight. An hour later I was giving her a shower and you would have thought Mount Etna had erupted. It was a major mess (DW and shower). It was the first time we discovered she was lactose intolerant (she had never been before). By the time I finished cleaning, she was not even aware that it happened.

I need to dress and undress my wife. When I need to kneel on the floor to pull her pants down, she always asks me "Are you praying?". And I always answer "Yes, praying I can get up." (and it is difficult).

When I try to explain to her who I am, I tell her we have been married 57 years and she always says "that's a long time".

Comments

• Lills
    Lills Member Posts: 156
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    That's interesting that your DW is (now) lactose intolerant.  Prior to my DH's illness, he would drink 2 glasses of milk per day and eat ice cream with zero problems.  However, at about stage 5, he could no longer drink any milk products.
  • Wilted
    Wilted Member Posts: 82
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    My friend has become lactose intolerant. Instead of causing intestinal discomfort, it causes a HUGE personality change - confusion, suspicions and dark moods.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more